Must See Black-and-White Romances for the Hopeless Romantic,
as listed on amazon.com
Keep in mind I haven't watched some of these—I may have to find a copy somewhere. Have you seen any of these?
1. The Best Years of Our Lives Myrna Loy, Fredric March
2. Laura (1944) Gene Tierney, Dana Andrews. Oddly enough, we have the VHS of this and I've never watched it. My favorite starring Ms. Tierney is The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (Gene Tierney, Rex Harrison).
3. The Apartment Jack Lemmon, Shirley MacLaine. My mom used to play the theme song for this on the piano, and I thought it was so pretty.
4. Random Harvest Ronald Colman, Greer Garson
5. Mr Smith Goes to Washington Jean Arthur, James Stewart
6. Mr Deeds Goes to Town (1936) Gary Cooper, Jean Arthur.
7. Sabrina (1954) Humphrey Bogart, Audrey Hepburn
8. The Shop Around the Corner Magaret Sullivan, James Stewart. This came way before You've Got Mail.
9. It Happened One Night Clark Gable, Claudette Colbert
10. Roman Holiday (1953) Gregory Peck, Audrey Hepburn
11. The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer Cary Grant, Myrna Loy
12. Casablanca Humphrey Bogart, Ingmar Bergman
13. The Philadelphia Story Cary Grant, Katharine Hepburn, James Stewart