Book meme from Carrie Lofty
1. Tell me about the book that has been on your shelves the longest.
That would be the ratty copy of Richard Adams’ Watership Down, held together with clear contact paper. Or, as Carrie remembered in her meme, the Little House books, but they’re in the guest room in my “young readers” section…any of those books might be older in my collection than WD, actually. Anne of Green Gables, The Mouse and the Motorcycle, my Judy Blume collection.
2. Tell me about a book that reminds you of something specific in your life.
Anne McCaffrey’s Dragonsong along with Dragonflight and Dragonquest. Those three were among the handful of my book collection I took with me to college. They sat on my special bed-shelf with my water glass and tiny lamp waaaay up high on my bunk bed, near the ceiling of the dorm room. Many nights I re-read them for comfort in a strange place.
3. Tell me about a book you acquired in some interesting way.
The only book I ever kept late from the public library was Plague Dogs, by Richard Adams, when I was in middle school. Took for-e-ver to get through, though it was a good book. In college I used to haunt a used bookstore near campus and one day I found a copy. Now it will never be late again.
4. Tell me about a book that has been with you to the most places.
Those that I mentioned above that I took to college have followed me to eight homes.
5. Tell me about the most recent addition to your shelves.
At a Coffeetime Romance chat, I won a copy of Touched by Love by Zebra author Tracy Garrett, which she mailed to me with M&M’s in the package.